TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to all accommodation and Extras made available by Beckimon Pty Ltd as Trustee for Kangaroo Ridge Retreat (hereafter ‘Kangaroo Ridge Retreat’) through the property Kangaroo Ridge Retreat. By making a booking for accommodation or Extras, guests warrant they have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them subject to such changes as are notified to them. If the booking for accommodation and/or Extras is made through a third party, the terms and conditions of that third party also apply. For wine and goods purchases made through the Kangaroo Ridge Retreat Online Shop please refer to the Online Shop Terms and Conditions.
- Check-in is strictly from 4pm onward.
- No BYO alcohol and food. We are a licensed venue for food and beverage.
- Adults (18+ years) only.
- No pets allowed.
- Registered guests only. Our venue limit is 2 adults per cabin.
- No third-party access including massage therapists, photographers, wedding planners, event co-ordinators and non-approved tour operators. We have this all in-house.
- No wedding day preparations.
- Body wash, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner are included in your room rate for your use while you stay. If you take them home, we assume you loved them and wanted to purchase them. We also supply unopened products for you to take home in the cabin, should you choose to purchase them.
- No smoking (including vaping) inside the cabins or out on the balcony (it is a fire hazard). Please use the sand pot provided outside by the entrance of the cabin with the door closed.
- No bath-bombs, body scrubs or bath salts containing glitter/dye/coffee/ flower petals and leaves are to be used in our baths and/or showers.
- A clean-up fee ($200) will be applied if guests fail to follow the smoking and/or bath accessory rules.
- If any damage or issues arise during your stay, it is important to communicate them to management as soon as possible.
- Upon check out of the cabin, please leave it in a neat and tidy condition.
All bookings including Extras are subject to a non-refundable 50% prepayment by credit card at the time of reservation.
The balance of the booking will be charged within 7 days of a confirmed stay. Bookings made within 7 days of a stay will be charged 100% of the booking fee.
Where a booking is cancelled before 5pm, 7 days prior to the arrival date, only the 50% deposit for that booking will be retained.
No refund will be granted where a booking is cancelled for a stay(s) between 23rd December and 2nd January inclusive; or for the part of the booking which falls between these dates.
No refund will be granted in the event a guest does not arrive for their booking or cancels on the date of their booking and the credit card associated with that booking will also be charged for balance of the booking.
A cancellation confirmation email must be obtained. If a cancellation confirmation email is not received, the booking remains in effect.
In the event Kangaroo Ridge Retreat or a third-party operator cancel an Extras booked by guests, all monies paid for that Extras booking will be refunded in full within 14 days of the date of cancellation.
The liability of Kangaroo Ridge Retreat arising from any cancellations of accommodation or Extras by Kangaroo Ridge Retreat or a third-party operator is limited to the amount paid for the cancelled booking.
We encourage our guests to purchase travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
A chargeable credit card must be provided to Management upon confirmation of your booking.
All bookings and Extras must be confirmed with a 50% deposit at the time of booking.
A booking confirmation email must be obtained. If a booking confirmation email is not obtained, the booking is not confirmed.
It is the responsibility of guests to review the booking confirmation email and promptly advise Kangaroo Ridge Retreat if there are any errors or misunderstandings.
By providing credit card details, guests warrant they have the authority to use the credit card and they authorise Kangaroo Ridge Retreat to charge the cost of their booking(s) as well as charges associated with their stay to that credit card.
Where guests make bookings for Extras during their stay, the Extras price will be charged to their room for full payment through the guaranteed credit card.
Upon departure and the return of all keys, the cabins will be inspected and audited.
The guests will automatically be charged the total cost on the credit card on file, in the following circumstances:
- Any item is stolen or removed from the premises;
- There is any damage caused to Kangaroo Ridge Retreat property, by the guest or anyone invited onto the property by the guest. (Examples include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements).
- The use of bath-bombs, body scrubs or bath salts containing glitter/colour/coffee/ flower petals and leaves are used in our baths and/or showers.
- Smoking and/or vaping inside the cabin and/or out on the balcony.
- The guest breaches any of the listed Terms and Conditions
Any damage loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against the credit card on file.
If the payment is declined the guest will be contacted and must provide an alternative credit card number so that payment can be processed on day of departure or otherwise authorised by Kangaroo Ridge Retreat, if this is not provided, the matter will be referred to police and charges will be laid.
- Licence number for larder: 36148416
- Licence for online sales: 36156922
The Cabin Wine bar is defined as all alcohol (beer, wine, cider, spirits) and non-alcoholic spirits (such as Four Pillars Bandwagon and Banks Botanicals).
Purchases from the wine bar will be charged to the credit card on file unless alternative payment is provided.
The Cabin Larder is defined as all food in the cabin, soft drinks and spa retreat products (such as the Kangaroo Ridge Signature body scrub, spa soak and lip balm).
Bath wash, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner are for guest use for the duration of the stay. Items taken from the cabin will be charged at full rate.
Not included in the Cabin Larder – Mr Jasper says candle, alcoholic beverages including non-alcoholic spirits, knitting packs and signature wares.
From the 1st of June, 2023 the in Cabin Larder is included in the cabin rate. Bookings made prior to the 31st of January, 2023 for stays after the 1st of June, 2023, the option to upgrade your stay to include the Cabin Larder is available.
All accommodation is subject to availability. Kangaroo Ridge Retreat will endeavour to provide the accommodation but reserves the right to refuse requests for bookings or actual bookings.
Kangaroo Ridge Retreat generally requires a two-night minimum stay.
Rates are per cabin, per night based on two-person occupancy. Maximum occupancy per retreat is two people.
Unless otherwise stated, we have:
- Two-night minimum and no arrivals on public holidays.
- Three-night minimum stays for weekends that fall with a public holiday.
- Three-night minimum stay between December 16th and January 2nd.
- Four-night minimum stay over the Easter period and over the Melbourne Cup long weekend.
- Bookings are accepted for guests arriving the Thursday night before Good Friday.
- Check in time is 4pm.
- Check out time is 11am.
Parking before or after check out is not permitted without prior arrangement with management. Earlier parking (from 1pm) on the day of check-in MUST be requested and pre-arranged with management and is subject to availability and possible extra charges.
All guests will receive a personalised check-in email prior to arrival with check in details and directions to their cabin after the balance of their stay has been processed.
Children aged 17 and under (including infants) are not catered for and Kangaroo Ridge Retreat reserves the right and full discretion to not accept bookings for children within this age bracket.
‘Extras’ includes any tours, Wedding Night packages, pre-drink purchases, transport services and activities and experiences made available through Kangaroo Ridge Retreat, whether by Kangaroo Ridge Retreat or by a third-party operator.
All Extras are subject to availability, minimum participation requirements & prevailing weather conditions at the time of operation.
All Extras are subject to the same booking, deposit and cancellation requirements.
Kangaroo Ridge Retreat will endeavour to provide the Extras, or facilitate the third-party operator in providing the Extras, but reserves the right to refuse requests for bookings or actual bookings.
Any Extras may be cancelled up to the time of departure if it is the opinion of the relevant third-party operator that the weather or any other conditions are such that it would be unsafe to conduct the Extra. Kangaroo Ridge Retreat reserves the right to decide on the weather conditions considered too wet, windy or dangerous and the cabin was the appropriate alternative location for Extras (such as Sparkling Sunset, Sunset High Tea). Cloudy or obscured sunsets are not considered bad weather and will go ahead.
If an alternative location cannot be found due to the nature of the Extra, a full refund of the value of the cancelled component of the Extra will be applicable in this event.
Gift vouchers are valid for 3 years from date of purchase. All Gift Vouchers are redeemable based on current accommodation pricing until the expiration date. Any vouchers used outside of 12 months from the purchase date may incur additional charges due to price increases. Bookings must be confirmed within the validity period.
Gift Vouchers are non-refundable, not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Voucher reference number must be quoted on booking. Voucher is redeemable in one visit only.
Please note, Kangaroo Ridge Retreat generally requires a minimum of two nights stay. For voucher package valid for specific day arrivals (such as Sunday to Thursday), additional charges are applicable for reservations arriving on Friday or Saturday.
Gift Vouchers are currently not redeemable for our online shop.
A chargeable credit card must be provided to Management upon confirmation of your booking when using a gift voucher.
Credit from the voucher will be used towards the deposit and balance of a booking. Deposit amounts in excess of the voucher will be charged to the provided credit card.
The balance of the booking (in excess of the gift voucher credit) will be charged in accordance to Kangaroo Ridge Retreat’s booking policy.
For further information regarding our COVID-19 cleaning practices, please refer to our COVID-19 Precautions:
For bookings made on or after April 6, 2020, consider the risk of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and its associated Victorian Government measures on your travel plans as our standard cancellation policy applies.
If the Victorian Government were to enforce localised lockdowns and restrict non-essential travel in and out of the local areas, we will be proactive and will be in direct contact with our guests to discuss their options.
A credit for the amounts paid will be given in the event of the Lockdown. This credit is valid for one year. If a guest were to choose to cancel without a government directive, our normal cancellation policy applies.
If travelling to the Kangaroo Ridge Retreat during the bushfire season on days rated by the CFA as high or above high risk, please check current advice on the CFA website www.cfa.vic.gov.au before making your trip. Kangaroo Ridge is in the CENTRAL DISTRICT.
The location of Kangaroo Ridge Retreat has in the past been subject to bushfires. On days listed by the CFA as CATESTROPHIC we will attempt contact with you to discuss options. On days listed by the CFA as EXTREME we will attempt contact with you to discuss options given wind conditions.
A bushfire within close vicinity (within 50km) of Kangaroo Ridge Retreat can prevent guests from reaching or leaving Kangaroo Ridge Retreat because it would be unsafe to do so. Due to this we recommend that all guests purchase appropriate travel insurance when visiting Kangaroo Ridge Retreat. By making a booking at Kangaroo Ridge Retreat you agree to the terms and conditions set out in the Kangaroo Ridge Retreat Bushfire Policy.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure the safety of all guests at Kangaroo Ridge Retreat. If access to Kangaroo Ridge Retreat is officially cut off (as determined by CFA and Victoria Police) and is still cut off at 12pm on the day you are due to arrive; your booking will be cancelled, and you will receive a gift voucher for the full value of your cancelled booking.
If roads are subject to closures in the area, but access is not officially cut off by CFA and Victoria Police at 12pm on the day of your arrival, you may proceed at your own risk and your booking will not be cancelled. No refund will be given if you choose to cancel your booking. Where a road is officially cut off (as determined by CFA and Victoria Police) but a reasonable alternative route is available; you may proceed at your own risk and your booking will not be cancelled. No refund will be given if you choose to cancel your booking. If access is cut off (as determined by CFA and Victoria Police) and you are prevented from leaving Kangaroo Ridge Retreat, you must pay for any additional accommodation at Kangaroo Ridge Retreat resulting from your prevented departure. Your safety is very important to us. Any changes to bookings or access routes resulting from a fire event will be attempted to be communicated to all guests with sufficient notice by the Kangaroo Ridge Retreat team via phone as a preference or any means practical after that.
Hire charge includes helmet, lock, spare tube, pump and tire levers. All/any loss or damage of bikes or equipment will be charged to the customers expense at nominal retail price.
Kangaroo Ridge Retreat accepts no responsibility or liability for customers riding capability, injury or damage to 3rd party persons or property arising from the use of hire equipment.
eMountain Bike Hire is operated through RideTime Yarra Valley and is subject to their Terms and Conditions of hire.
RideTime Yarra Valley (RT) warrants the equipment supplied is done so in a serviceable condition and is fit for purpose.
The following terms and conditions apply to all equipment hired from RideTime Yarra Valley and the hire process.
- The person/s making the booking accept that upon completion of booking they agree to the terms and conditions, outlined by RT, (stated below).
- The person/s making the hire booking either individually or collectively are referred to as the Hirer.
- The Hirer accepts responsibility for the equipment supplied by RT supplied for use by The Hirer and other users within the Hirer’s party.
- The Hirer accepts that The Hirer and those in the Hirer’s party are competent and able to ride a two-wheeled bike.
- The Hirer accepts that The Hirer and those in the Hirer’s party are competent and able to ride a bike with gears and front and rear lever brakes.
- The Hirer accepts that The Hirer and those in the Hirers party are physically fit and able to complete the intended hire.
- RT accepts no responsibility and implies no capability for The Hirer or the Hirer’s party being physically fit and competent to complete the intended hire.
- The Hirer accepts responsibility for any loss or damage to the equipment and fittings hired to The Hirer or the Hirer’s party, save for regular wear and tear. This includes, but is not limited to: damaged tires, inner-tubes, wheels, grips, structural bike-frame damage and damage to components fitted to the equipment. The replacement costs will be charged to the credit card, the details of which are provided to RT as security for the initial equipment hire.
- The Hirer accepts that a late return fee will be charged for equipment returned outside the normal operating hours of RT. The fee will be a minimum of $20.00 per bike or equal to the value of the lost hire opportunity of the equipment. This includes any part-day loss being charged as the loss of a full day. This fee will be charged to the credit card, the details of which are provided to RT as security for the initial equipment hire.
- A minimum collection fee of $15.00 applies to all bikes not returned to the RT office. The fee, if not paid at time of bike collection, will be charged to the credit card, the details of which are provided to RT as security for the initial equipment hire.
- The Hirer accepts that, should the hired equipment be returned in an unreasonably dirty state, save for normal dirt and grime, that a cleaning fee of $15 per hired item will apply. This fee will be charged to the credit card, the details of which are provided to RT as security for the initial equipment hire.
- The Hirer accepts that any repair work or replacement of lost or damaged equipment will be charged to The Hirer’s expense. Such costs will be charged to the credit card, the details of which are provided to RT as security for the initial equipment hire.
- RT accept no responsibility for loss or damage to the hire equipment once The Hirer and the Hirer’s party leave RT premises.
- The Hirer accepts that any cancellation made within 48 hours of booking commencement will result in a forfeit of deposit paid. Any booking cancelled will incur a $20 cancellation fee.
- RT accepts no responsibility for injury to The Hirer, the Hirer’s party or any other third-party person that is injured as a result of the use of the hire equipment.
- RT accepts no responsibility for the failure of the Hirer or the Hirer’s party to complete the intended hire purpose.
Kangaroo Ridge Retreat reserves the right to change services without notice.